By Chantalle Duffin
From teeth whitening products, face masks, cleansers and even detox juices, it is incredibly clear that activated charcoal is still the must-have beauty ingredient of the moment – and with good reason!
Hosting a magnitude of skin benefits, activated charcoal (or activated carbon as it is also known) is infamous for its resounding ability to draw out toxins, pollutants and impurities from the skin, leaving behind clear and flawless skin in its wake.
But how does work? The ‘black magic' surrounding activated charcoal isn't a new discovery. In fact, long before this wonder ingredient graced the labels on the back of our fave skincare products, activated charcoal has been used in hospital emergency rooms to treat alcohol poisoning and drug overdoses. It would work by attaching itself to toxins present in the stomach and absorbing them before they can enter the bloodstream. The same sort of theory has been applied to our beauty products, where the charcoal acts like a magnet to attract and absorb excess dirt and oil in the skin, taking that squeaky clean feeling to a whole new level!
Anyone who has acne-prone, rough or dull skin can benefit from the purifying and clarifying properties that activated charcoal offers us. With it's superior detoxifying ability, products with activated charcoal will work to help banish annoying blemishes and black heads, minimise pores, refine skin texture and give your complexion a beautiful healthy glow. However, if you have dry, sensitive or more mature skin you may feel inclined that charcoal products are not for you.
That is not the case! Look for product formulations that boast nourishing ingredients to offset the typically drying effects charcoal may have on the skin. One such product in particular is our current best-selling skincare product. With its unique formula and eye-catching packaging, the Natura Siberica Northern Detox Soap for Deep Facial Cleansingshould be staple in every bathroom cabinet.
Why is it so unique?
Our Northern Soap is a natural and organic deep facial cleansing soap that combines the ancient recipes of Northern Siberian Tribes, including activated carbon, and Wild Harvested herb and berry extracts.
Filled with unique properties, northern herbs and berries have been known to be rich in valuable oils and vitamins since ancient times. Northern people have traditionally used them for creating medicinal infusions and elixirs to help them preserve health, amazing vitality, and youthfulness. Natura Siberica's experts carefully studied and brought together the ancient recipes of the northern Nenec, Selkup, and Khanty people, and have used them to prepare a unique natural product.
Along with activated charcoal, this facial soap also contains:
- Oblepikha Oil which softens, tones, nourishes, and improves skin elasticity
- Limonnik Nanai to protect the skin against the environment stresses
- Siberian Cedar Oil contains vitamin E and vitamin P, which contribute to moisturising, and strengthening the skin, all while regulating the renewal of skin cells
- Flax seed oil has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties
- Extract of Dwarf Birch buds moisturises the skin, promotes its regeneration and restores the natural firmness of skin while leaving it soft and supple.
- Cloudberry extract, which contains vitamin C, Omega 3 and Omega-6 acids, and has anti-oxidant effects. It restores the skin and protects it from external influences
- Bilberry extract to stimulate the metabolic processes in skin cells, improve tone and elasticity
- Sakhalin Raspberry seed oil, which boasts anti-bacterial properties
This concoction of skin loving ingredients found in our deep cleansing soap promises to gently but deeply cleanse the skin, removing any grime and gunk. Skin is left feeling hydrated and nourished, but most importantly decongested and clean.
Pro tip: After removing make-up, apply a generous amount of the detox soap to slightly damp skin and leave on the skin for 5-10 minutes before removing with warm water and the sponge applicator for deeper clean!
Have you tried our Northern Detox Soap before? Let us know in the comments below!
– Refinery 29: http://www.refinery29.com/charcoal-beauty-products
– Allure: http://www.allure.com/gallery/activated-charcoal-beauty-products
– Byrdie Beauty: http://www.byrdie.com.au/best-charcoal-face-masks-2017